Photobucket

Twelve Days of Love

Photobucket

Black Cougar Curse

Photobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I WON! I WON!


I woke up this morning to an email I really didn't expect to get. I'd entered Destiny Blaine's Breakfast by the Sea Contest--the namesake of her new release: Breakfast by the Sea now out with Siren Publishing http://www.bookstrand.com/breakfast-by-the-sea --and had pretty much forgotten about it.

I don't think I've ever entered but one or two contests. Heck, I never buy scratch tickets and only occasionally buy lottery tickets. My brother keeps telling me you have to play to win, but I just keep thinking it's all just a waste of time.

Well, imagine my surprise when I woke up to this email from Destiny telling me I'd won! It was 5:00 a.m. and I was barely awake. I shook my head a couple of times. Yeah, I must have looked like a cartoon character doing that. But hells bells, I've never won anything. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I guess my brother is right, you've got to play to win.

I was especially interested in entering this contest because it was for one week of accommodations at either the Bayview Resort in Myrtle Beach, S.C. or to Jekyll Island, Ga. Myrtle Beach is my family's favorite vacation spot and only a couple of hours from where we live, so I know we'll end up choosing it. But I'll discuss it with them just in case.

One more thing. I also get to have Breakfast by the Sea with Destiny in Myrtle Beach when we go. And that's the part I'm looking forward to most. Getting to meet her will be great. We all have so many online friends but it's rare we do get to see each other in real life. And I plan to give her a big hug.

So I want to thank Destiny for such a wonderful prize and also thank her for writing such a great book. I really enjoyed Breakfast by the Sea. I'm so looking forward to meeting her in person and enjoying a week by the sea with my family.

Big hug to you, Destiny! Visit Destiny's website for a look at all the great books she's written. http://destinyblaine.com

1 comment:

C. Zampa said...

Congratulations, Tess!