Photobucket

Twelve Days of Love

Photobucket

Black Cougar Curse

Photobucket

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm Not In Promo Mode Today

Random thoughts and blogging. I think that's the way to go today. I'm NOT in promo mode. But I do need to blog daily. Ever get the feeling that you're a hamster in a cage on that little wheel just running and running and getting nowhere fast?

That's me. People think writing isn't work. I hear that from my family all the time. If they only knew. I think I field about fifty emails a day that need my attention. And I'm not talking about group emails that I skim in order to determine importance. That in itself is time consuming.

I'm in the middle of a working up an all out promo assault with my friend Natalie Dae. We co-authored a book together and looks like it will be my first Ellora's Cave release. I wasn't expecting a release until some time in January with Twelve Days of Love--a Valentine's Day themed book.

But I'm happy to be moving forward for sure. But setting up promotions is not an easy task. There is all the free stuff you can do plus paid advertising. Finding advertising that you believe will work for you and at the price you want to invest is NOT an easy task.

My to do list just gets bigger and bigger every day.

And I have to fit writing into all of that as well. We don't even want to talk about laundry and cleaning and cooking or the number of times someone in the family needs me because they NEVER know where anything is. sighhhhh

So I'm in a bitching and moaning mood today. I'm going to finish reading a book for a friend and give her my comments and then it's off to work on more promo. The kitchen can wait for it's morning wipe down. I'm just too tired to deal with it right now. Maybe later.

6 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Aw you and me...I think we're in much the same boat. I just rambled on and on aimlessly on my Regina blog. It reads much like my life...a scrambled mess. :-) Just had to stop by your kickass new blog and say HI.

Don't forget I'm leaving town tomorrow but I'll definitely be in touch. Home Sunday.

Tess MacKall said...

Yep, rambling. Tired. Have a good time with the kids, hon. Definitely get in touch Sunday. I'll be jonesing for some Regina love. lol

C. Zampa said...

Oh, I'll just be happy to have something to promo one day. LOL...

You have to take a break sometimes, lady. Relax.

Tess MacKall said...

Back to promo mode again today, Carol. You'll soon discover that it is almost a constant, m'dear. lol

And you won't be happy with it for long. LOL Soon, my friend, soon.

Natalie Dae said...

We'll get through it somehow!

:o)

Tess MacKall said...

Yes, we will, Nat. Through the bad and the GOOD. The GOOD is coming. I feel it.